The League of Tunisian Women Voters is a feminist association founded in April 2011 following the revolution of January 14, 2011. This association is the offering of a meeting of a group of women belonging to different fields of activity,¡ but united in their awareness of the importance of women’s role in supporting electoral practice. The association’s members also believe in the importance of the political participation of young people of both sexes to make the dream of democracy a reality in Tunisia.
The values of this association are as follows:
- Total equality between women and men
- Parity between women and men in all fields
- Citizenship for all Tunisians without any discrimination
- Participatory democracy in decision-making at all levels
- The right to vote and the right to apply as a candidate are the only democratic means to be represented as a citizen and to exercise power.
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.