Established in 2004, the Business Development Center (BDC) is a non-profit organization committed to fostering economic development and public reform in Jordan and the Middle East. As a national and regional resource, BDC works with a business ecosystem of potential contributors and participants such as: business service providers, government entities, universities and international partners to continue its mission of delivering effective development programming.
In its endeavor to facilitate economic growth and to overcome development challenges BDC is committed to:
- Promoting entrepreneurship and innovation;
- Creating employment opportunities and building individual capacities for youth, women and professionals;
- Managing, promoting and stimulating the creation of public-private partnerships;
- Enhancing the competitiveness, sustainability and export capabilities of SMEs;
- Fostering financial linkages between SMEs and financial resources;
- Designing and managing programs for development and donor agencies;
- Developing mutually beneficial relationships with international universities through exchange and international programs;
- Encouraging social responsibility and community involvement.
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.