Beit el-Hanane Home of Tenderness, is a non-profit, non-denominational, non-discriminatory, charitable organization that deals with the problems of abused women in Lebanon. It promotes community awareness and education to break a cycle of violence and abuse; and it provides an environment of encouragement, compassion, and support for all who come in contact with it through a network of professionals and volunteers.
Their mission is to:
- Help physically and mentally abused women regardless of one’s religion, age, nationality, etc. to find safe and secure places for them after leaving Beit El-Hanane.
- Help women to be rehabilitated in order to become fully integrated in society.
- Help women emotionally, psychologically, and physically.
- Help women improve their education through providing technical skills and training.
- Help women find fulfilling employment which will best utilize their talents and skills so that they may become self supporting.
- Expand the project to include additional similar centers.
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.