Voix de Femmes (Women’s Voice) is an associative web radio run by the Algerian association Femmes en communication (FEC), which deals with issues concerning gender equality. Its program schedule focuses on a variety of topics, such as violence against women, sexual and reproductive health, and stereotypes affecting women’s representation, among others.
Radio Voix de Femmes aims to:
- Make visible the media role and information of FEC;
- Convey the demands of women;
- Fight taboos and change the stereotyped image of women in society;
- Make visible the activities and skills of women to respond to their low representation in decision-making spheres;
- Promote the expression of women in all its forms and the exercise of full citizenship of women;
- Unite women in the Mediterranean area through information and communication technologies (ICT).
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.