Nansen Dialogue Centre Montenegro (NDC) is a non-governmental, non-party and non-profit organization, active since May 2000. Its mission is to support reforms, integration processes and enhancement of democratic potentials of Montenegro through capacity building and promotion of the values and practices of dialogue, non-violent communication, conflict prevention, peace building and respect of human rights and freedoms at local, national and international levels.
The objectives of NDC are:
- To establish and promote dialogue as a cultivated, meaningful way of communication, based on respect of human rights and freedom;
- To promote alternative models and methods of conflict management, through peace education and mediation;
- To educate and empower decision, values and opinion makers to act as an engine of positive reforms and building of sustainable civil society;
- To improve interethnic dialogue and strengthen multiethnic communities in Montenegro;
- To give contribution to the quality of European and Euro-Atlantic integrations of the country.
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.