The Mediterranean Institute of Gender Studies (MIGS) is a non-profit non-governmental organization closely affiliated to the University of Nicosia. MIGS organization, which promotes and contributes to projects of social, political, and economic themes relating to gender, works with an emphasis on the Mediterranean region. Their target groups are victims of violence, employed women and youth.
Its aims are:
- Stimulate interest in gender research in the Mediterranean region and identify key areas of concern and action in this sphere;
- Systematically address, analyze, and conduct research on, for, and by women;
- Review and use existing information on women and gender systems, such as research, statistical information, other available data and relevant recommendations on policy and practices in related areas;
- Identify the need to develop new legislation that corresponds to the new conditions and protects effectively women's rights;
- Increase awareness of gender issues in civil society and facilitate the capacity for action by providing all interested parties with information;
- Organize trainings, campaigns, seminars, workshops and lectures.
Thus, MIGS aims to act as a main contributor to the intellectual, political, and socio-political life of the region as this relates to issues of gender. MIGS works through a feminist multidisciplinary approach and in collaboration with other institutions. MIGS organization has more than 10 years of work experience in gender equality.
Address : 46, Makedonitissas Avenue, 1700 ,Cyprus
Adress email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.medinstgenderstudies.org/
This platform is part of the Axis 1 “Strengthening the capacities of equality actors” of the Priority Solidarity Fund “Women for the future in the Mediterranean” funded by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women’s Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.