The Association of Egyptian Female Lawyer (AEFL) works towards spreading the values of gender equality, justice, and freedom within Egyptian society, encouraging girls and ladies to get their political, social and legal rights through achieving the following goals:
1) Empower women to defend their political, legal, and social rights.
2) Raise awareness of women's political status and the importance of activating their role within Egyptian society.
3) Build a strong front of female lawyers who are qualified and involved in both political and public life.
4) Raise awareness of the international conventions and instruments protecting human, particularly women's, rights in order to change the culture of the community.
AEFL works mainly on violence, civil rights and political life as well as on economy and employment at local, provincial and regional level. AEFL has between 5 and 10 years of work experience in gender equality.
Implemented activities were carried out by AEFL:
1) Join the membership of the solidarity for African women rights (SOAWR).
2) Establishing legal units for supporting Egyptian women and providing legal assistance in framework of the project was funded by MAMA Cash institution.
3) Preparing a study about sexual harassment in Cairo governorate.
4) Building the capacities for female candidates to fight last parliamentary election.
5) Issuing a brochure entitled "Women Voting is their Voices" to identify women with the steps of voting during the electorate process.
6) Configuring good relationships with governmental and non governmental institutions concerned with women and family issues.
7) AEFL comprises a female lawyer team at a high level of experience and efficiency.
Civil and political rights
Immigrant and refugee women, Victims of violence, Youth (under 25)
Address : 23 AL Sudan Street - Dokki - Giza, 13211 ,Egypt
Telephone : 02037621049
Adress email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.aeflwomen.com/en/
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.