The missions of the Jbail - Byblos Municipality are:
- to ensure responsible tourism that highlights historical patrimony, protects archaeological sites and promotes them;
- to conduct urban planning and architectural organization compatible with the archaeological value of the city, which takes into account the green space, the proliferation of new construction and highlighting the countryside;
- to conduct a social development that takes account of disadvantaged groups, especially women, and gives priority to solving their problems;
- to ensure an eco-friendly city capable of solving its pollution problems and maintaining good public health standards for its inhabitants;
- to establish sound economic development that creates new jobs and helps to improve the income level of its citizens;
- making the city' s leadership open to residents concerns, listening to them and attending to their needs, and involving women and men in its projects.
Establishing a municipal administration that is well-structured, organized, efficient, modern and facilitating citizens' transactions;
- to ensure cooperation with local and foreign municipalities, academic and research institutions and universities to produce joint development projects and gender studies with the goal of promoting gender equality.
Address : Jbail- Byblos Municipality, Vieux Souk, ,Lebanon
Adress email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.jbail-byblos.com
This platform is part of the Axis 1 “Strengthening the capacities of equality actors” of the Priority Solidarity Fund “Women for the future in the Mediterranean” funded by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women’s Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.