The "Association Féminine pour le Développement de la Famille" was founded in 2005 by women in the small village of Ait Majber in the Dades Valley. The women in this village had suffered so much from isolation, gender-based discrimination, vulnerability and poverty that one day they decided to group together into an organisation that could unite their voices and make them heard beyond this valley.
The objectives of the organisation are:
- Fight against illiteracy and promote functional literacy,
- Encourage the schooling of girls,
- Strengthen respect for human rights among women and girls,
- Prepare projects generating income for rural women and young women,
- Raise awareness among women of the improvement of their living and working conditions,
- Promote any social, economic and cultural action for the benefit of women,
- Facilitate the insertion of women into jobs adapted to their socioeconomic environment,
- Encourage women to organise themselves in cooperatives, associations and so on,
- Represent rural women in public and private, national or international, authorities and organisations,
- Raise awareness among women of the value of the products from the area and the preservation of local diversity.
Address : Ait Majber Est, Souk Lakmiss, Boumalne Dades, ,Morocco
Adress email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.