The Euro-Mediterranean Women's Foundation is an non-profit independent organisation launched in 2013. It is structured as a Network of networks bringing together all gender equality actors in the Euro-Mediterranean space with the aim of advancing in the common fight for equal rights of women and men to participate in political, economic, civil and social life; eradicating all forms of violence and discrimination against women and girls and encouraging a change in attitude and behaviour in favour of gender equality.
The Foundation is a unique and participative Euro-Mediterranean network which:
- Recognises civil society as the real motor of change that stir the academia, the governments and the private sector to improve women’s conditions.
- Analyses women’s local realities and public policies through consultations and dialogues at a grass-roots level.
- Launches initiatives on the ground aimed at empowering women and reinforcing the actors’ capacities in advocacy.
- Provides useful documentation and resources related to gender equality in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
- Promotes inspiring practices and transfers lessons learned in the field of women’s rights.
Civil and political rights
Education / Professional training
Types of Violence
Victims of violence, Women entrepreneurs, Immigrant and refugee women
Address : Girona street, 20, 08010 ,Spain
Telephone : 0034932449850
Adress email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : https://www.euromedwomen.foundation
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.