Established in Jerusalem in December 1998, MIFTAH seeks to promote the principles of democracy and good governance in the Palestinian society. The Association seeks to engage local and international public opinion and official circles in the Palestinian cause. To achieve such goal, MIFTAH adopts mechanisms of an active and in-depth dialogue, free flows of information and ideas, as well as local and international networking.
Its strategic objectives are:
- Empower effective leadership in the Palestinian society in order to enhance democracy and good governance and raise public awareness concerning the rights and responsibilities of good citizenship.
- Promote women and youth leaders to be active in the political and social spheres.
- Make all members of the Palestinian society engaged in promoting democratic processes and enhancing monitoring and accountability mechanisms.
- Enhance the representation of women and youth in decision-making positions at the local and national levels.
- Promote the rule of law in the civil society.
- Influence policy and legislation to ensure their safeguarding of civil and social rights for all sectors and their adherence to the principles of good governance.
- Raise awareness that civil society, including women and youth movements, are influential in the Palestinian political system.
- Promote general policies that serve achieving protection, justice and safeguard the freedoms of Palestine.
MIFTAH mainly works on violence as well as civil rights and political life at local, regional and provincial levels. Its target groups are women and marginalized groups, youth and victims of violence. MIFTAH has more than 10 years of work experience in gender equality.
Address : Al Massayef Street, Ramallah 69647 Jerusalem 95908 ,Palestinian Authority
Adress email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.miftah.org/
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.