The Union of Feminist Action (UAF) is a non-governmental, non-profit association. The UAF was created in 1987, it is composed of 17 branches across Morocco. The association aims to enhance women’s social and legal status, and to eradicate all forms of discrimination against women.
• The promotion of women at the socio-economic and legal level.
• Eradication of all forms of discrimination against women.
• Fight against the illiteracy of women.
• Allow women to have access to decision-making positions.
• Fight against violence.
• Provide counseling and assistance to women victims of violence through SOS Annajda centers.
• Organize mobilization campaigns (such as the campaign for the collection of 1 million signatures in favour of the reform of the Moudawana (Personal code).
• Organize awareness campaigns such as the "Symbolic Courts"
• Conduct trainings, workshops, conferences, and open days
• Provide literacy courses for 2000 women a year across the kingdom.
• Establishing an observatory with regard to women’s image in media.
• Implement programs against trafficking in women.
• Proposing outline law on violence against women.
Civil and political rights
Education / Professional training
Types of Violence
Victims of violence, Students and researchers, Employed women
Address : 425 Hassan Boulvard 2, 4th floor, N 13 ,Dior Jamaa, Rabat, 205000 ,Morocco
Telephone : 0522816134
Adress email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.uaf.ma/an/file.php
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.