The National Commission for Lebanese Women (NCLW) is an official institution established by law 720 in 1998. Its main objectives are to:
• Implement gender mainstreaming in public administrations through actions and
mechanisms enforcing and institutionalizing Gender Focal Points’ (GFPs) network in
Lebanese public administrations and institutions.
• Oversee the implementation of the goals of international instruments and conventions Lebanon has ratified.
• Create a knowledge data-base that will enable various stakeholders to monitor the
progress in and challenges of advancing gender equality and women’s human rights in Lebanon.
• Foster networking and cooperation on issues related to gender mainstreaming
between Lebanese non-governmental institutions and public institutions.
• Encourage the exchange of knowledge, experience and best practices related
to women issues on different levels through NCLW’s strong partnerships with international local and regional organizations and partners to promote women’s and gender advancement.
• Facilitate access to knowledge through NCLW library with resources available in French, English and Arabic.
NCLW is the key actor who initiated the establishment and adoption of the ten years “National Strategy for Women in Lebanon (2011-2021)” that aims to empower women and insure gender equality in the social, political, economic and legal spheres.
Since its inception, NCLW has developed strong partnerships with local, regional and international organizations, and became a key contributor to the Lebanese government and Parliament in regard to women and gender issues.
NCLW carries out various projects to improve the status of women, and to establish equal opportunities for men and women in Lebanon.
Address : Hazmieh, Damascus Road , Center no. 3176, 2nd floor, 961 ,Lebanon
Telephone : 009615955101
Adress email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : https://nclw.gov.lb/
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.