EFU works with different societal bodies to enable different categories of women to practice their human rights and undertake societal responsibilities. EFU also encourages women to participate in public policies, legislations and general decisions to achieve equality and democracy.
The EFU, on behalf of its affiliated NGOs, is the spokes-entity and observer for the rights of Egyptian women and its functions include:
• Establish a database that includes all associations and institutions working in the field of voluntary and civil and interested in the affairs and rights of women.
• Conduct research and studies on women's issues and disseminate the results of the studies.
• To coordinate efforts between the various associations concerned with women's issues and rights
• Provide technical support to associations and civil society organizations working in the field of women's issues to develop their future plans and strategies.
• Strengthening and developing the capacities of workers and volunteers in the field of women's issues in NGOs.
• Raising awareness regarding women rights.
Types of Violence
Civil and political rights
Youth (under 25), Employed women, Victims of violence
Address : 29 العجوزة - الجيزة, 11513 ,Egypt
Telephone : 00201001078617
Adress email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://efuegypt.org
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.