This radio station, the first ever dedicated to women's issues in the Palestinian media, was launched on March 8 2013, on the occasion of Women’s International Day, by a number of young Palestinian female journalists who wished to overcome the labor market congestion and lack of opportunities, as well as top challenge the social prejudgments regarding women’s work in the field of media and information.
The radio works for:
• Establishment of the first integrated media network, using all traditional and modern means of communication to echo women's voice and advocate for their rights.
• Empower Palestinian women in the media and enable them to claim their rights and defend their causes.
• Communicate the voice of Palestinian women to the outside world, and highlight their distinctiveness and resilience.
• Addressing the issues of Palestinian women with great determination and passion to achieve their fair social demands.
• Addressing women's life issues and needs in society, even those considered as luxury.
• Highlighting the stories of successful Palestinian and Arab women, as model for Palestinian girls and women.
Types of Violence
Culture / Sports / Leasure
Address : Gaza, Palestine, 00970 ,Palestinian Authority
Telephone : 00970598882342
Adress email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.hawwaradio.net/
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.