The Tunisian Association of Women Judges - TAWJ was created to accomplish missions and achieve objectives including:
• Strengthening the role of women judges in the justice sector;
• Developing women judges' knowledge of human rights;
• Promoting the participation of women judges in the judiciary;
• Contributing to the development of women judges’ leadership and strengthening the mobilization capacity of its members throughout the Tunisian territory;
• Collaborating with the International Association of Women Judges;
• Contributing to the development of the independence of the judiciary and the principles of the rule of law;
• Serving as point of contact and exchanging experiences with women judges of the world.
TAWJ has carried out several activities related to gender equality in the professional field and contributed to gender mainstreaming in justice reform. It has also provided training for women judges on the law 58 on violence against women.
The association also intends to carry out actions related to the emancipation of women judges and their leadership, as well as the establishment of a commission for the drafting of a bill for the statute of the judges which takes into account the gender approach.
Civil and political rights
Education / Professional training
Other, Students and researchers, Employed women
Address : Tunis, 4054 ,Tunisia
Telephone : +21658329954
Adress email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.afj.tn/
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.