BALODIREN Association (Associação BALODIREN) is a non-profit organization, founded on August 12, 2007. Its mission is to:
- Contribute to the improvement of community life;
- Contribute to the socio-economic development of Guinea-Bissau;
- Facilitate the integration of the Bissau-Guinean migrant community;
- Defend the rights of women and girls;
- Promote gender equality;
- Defend human rights;
- Promote citizenship and democracy;
- Combat gender-based violence, female genital mutilation, forced and early marriage and domestic violence;
- Combat all types of discrimination based on religion, sex, color and race;
- Strengthen the capacities of women and girls;
- Fight against any exploitation of girls (eg. sexual and domestic);
- Promote and disclose African culture;
- Contribute to changing gender attitudes and behaviors in relation to women and girls.
- Prevention actions;
- Organization of Seminars,
- Workshops, Conferences;
- Thematic workshops;
- Training and educational activities.
All actions aim, among other things, to contribute to raising society's awareness regarding the need and urgency of respecting the rights of women and girls, the sources and strengths of contemporary society.
Types of Violence
Health / Emotional and sexual life
Civil and political rights
Immigrant and refugee women, Employed women, Victims of violence
Address : Rua Professor Agostinho da Silva, 33 2ªCV E, 2725-528 Tapada das Mercês ,Portugal
Telephone : 0035 1963578193
Adress email : email@example.com
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.