Aswat Nissa is a Tunisian non-governmental organization. Established in 2011, it is independent of any political influence. Inclusive, it advocates the integration of the gender approach in public policies by encouraging Tunisian women to voice their voices and take their rightful place in public and political life. The mission of Aswat Nissa is divided into four main areas: Fight against all forms of discrimination based on gender; to work for the promotion of an egalitarian culture; encourage the participation of women in political life through the consolidation of their skills and support for their leadership; advocate for the integration of gender approach in public policies.
Non-partisan association advocating gender mainstreaming in public policy:
• 6 female political academy promotions to accompany female politicians (18-35 years old) who will run for municipal elections to make them equality activists in their municipalities and political parties.
• 165 women from 11 political parties were trained.
• 2 advocacy campaigns to achieve horizontal and vertical parity on the electoral lists of political parties.
• Women, Peace and Security to facilitate an inclusive dialogue between civil society and parliament (with MPs) to adopt a NAP reflecting the perspectives of Tunisian women
• 4 political fairs and more than 8 awareness campaigns.
Civil and political rights
Types of Violence
Other, Youth (under 25), Other
Address : 3, rue Bassora, 1002 Lafayette, 1001 ,Tunisia
Telephone : 0021655809834
Adress email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.aswatnissa.org/
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.