Mission and objectives
A non-profit Egyptian NGO, established in 2008 and registered at the Ministry of Social Solidarity in Cairo. The Foundation works at a national level and aims to support and promote the areas of sustainable development to empower the most vulnerable groups economically and socially, promote their rights and contribute to the development of public policies that would improve the quality of life for all citizens, especially women and youth.
Objectives of the Foundation
• Promote women's economic and social rights and ensure access to all financial and non-financial services and support women’s voices in the decision-making at different levels.
• End all forms of violence and discrimination against women in different sectors of society with a focus on workplaces.
• Empowering the most vulnerable groups economically and socially and improve the quality of life through a rights-based approach to development.
• Develop the knowledge and skills of young people to meet the requirements of the labour market as skilled workers.
• Raising awareness on the importance of positive participation in policy-making and public decisions through legal and legislative channels.
1. Safe working environment for female workers
To promote the rights of working women and to combat all forms of violence and discrimination that women may face in the workplace. The project targets women working in the ready-made garment, textile, and food industries, and also women working in service sectors such as health and education, This project funded by UNTF.
2. Electoral Awareness Project for Women in Rural Areas,
This project was implemented in partnership with the International Foundation for Election Systems (IFES) and aimed at raising the awareness of women in rural areas at Sharkia and Qalioubia governorates of the importance of active participation in elections.
Types of Violence
Civil and political rights
Economy / Employment
Employed women, Victims of violence, Immigrant and refugee women
Address : 4th Skeet Eliash - Hammat el-koba - Ziton - Cairo, 11711 ,Egypt
Telephone : 0224532915
Adress email : email@example.com
Website : https://www.almashreqfoundation.org
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.