The Rede Portuguesa de Jovens para a Igualdade de Oportunidades entre Mulheres e Homens (REDE) is a youth organization, founded in 2000 in order to mobilise young people for equality. It has its headquarters in Lisbon and one nucleus in Porto. The organization works mostly with young people by peer to peer methods and non-formal education.
Their aims are to:
- Raise awareness among young people on equal opportunities between women and men in national, European and international contexts;
- Support the integration of particular needs and concerns of young women in the political agenda at national, European and international levels;
- Contribute to the inclusion of equal opportunities between women and men in formal and non-formal education and training;
- Support the inclusion of gender and equal opportunities issues in the work of youth associations;
- Increase the participation of young women in decision-making.
Address : Rua António Pedro, nº 66, 1º Esq., 1000-039 ,Portugal
Adress email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://redejovensigualdade.org.pt/
This platform is part of the Axis 1 “Strengthening the capacities of equality actors” of the Priority Solidarity Fund “Women for the future in the Mediterranean” funded by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women’s Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.