The League for Lebanese Women's Rights (LLWR) aims at spreading awareness within various sectors of the Lebanese society, focusing on young ages of males and females, with the following objectives:
- Elimination of all forms of discrimination against women in law - practice and application.
- Modifying the laws that are unfair to women.
- Adoption of a uniform civil code of personal status.
- Amending the Nationality Law in line with the 9th article, 2nd item of the International Convention of CEDAW, so that women can give citizenship to their children.
- Combat all forms of violence against women (marital, as well as political and economic).
- Consolidation of democracy and safeguarding public freedom.
- Building a secular democratic state.
- Integration of women in decision-making, particularly through women's quota in parliamentary and municipal election laws.
- Parity in hiring, equal gender salary and longer maternity leave.
- Establishing gender citizenship equality in rights and duties.
The League for Lebanese Women's Rights has more than 10 years of work experience in gender equality.
Address : Wata al Moussaytbe, Zouhairi Bldg., 14/5740 ,Lebanon
Adress email : email@example.com
Website : http://llwr.org/
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.