CONTEXT OF THE PRESENT SPECIFICATIONS:
IREX Europe (acting under the name of ERIM - Equal Rights and Independent Media) is a French NGO created in 2004 whose action contributes to the promotion and defense of human rights, independent media, and of civil society, as well as the development of critical thinking so that everyone is able to make informed decisions and claim their rights. This mission is part of the "Houqouq wa Moussawat" project aimed at to support the Civil Society and the Media to advance fundamental freedoms and gender equality in Morocco This project, co-financed by the European Union and the French Development Agency (AFD), is implemented by the NGO ERIM , the Adala association for the right to a fair trial, the Moroccan Forum of Young Journalists (FMJJ) and the ISRAR Coalition for Empowerment and Equality.
Its activities revolve around three specific objectives:
1) Promote advocacy actions by civil society and the media in favor of a reform of the legal framework strengthening the protection of freedoms of expression, association, assembly and their intersection with gender equality;
2) Monitor the effective implementation of the existing legal framework relating to freedoms of expression, association, assembly, and gender equality;
3) Strengthen education and awareness-raising initiatives on fundamental freedoms and gender equality, in particular, the fight against gender stereotypes and gender-based violence (GBV)
CONDITIONS OF THE MISSION:
• Type of contract: Service contract
• Number of days of expertise: Maximum 12 days, for a maximum total budget of 4.400 EUR (4 days EPU expert -1800 EUR and 8 days fundamental freedoms expert - 2600 EUR).
→ Publication of the call: July 6, 2021
→ Submission of tenders: July 19, 2021
→ Selection of experts: July 26, 2021
→ Signature of the contract: July 28, 2021
→ Scoping meeting: July 30, 2021
→ The course of the service: 1st week of October 2021
→ Final report 1st week December 2021
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.