Nazra for Feminist Studies is opening its call to receive CVs regarding three vacancies to hire task based researchers, as soon as possible, to work on 3 research papers:
The paper will tackle the issue of re-reading and re-analyzing CEDAW convention within the current urgent women’ needs and issues in the MENA Region. Are we in need of a New CEDAW? Are we in need of a CEDAW for WHRDs? Do WHRDs need a convention not a declaration? (Case study on at least two countries from the region)
The paper will tackle the issue through monitoring different governmental responses to women’ needs, during COVID-19 pandemic, within the context of the Feminist Movement including its status and activities. In addition to analyze the applied procedures and measures in gender based violence issues from a feminism perspective (Case study on at least two countries from the region)
The paper will tackle the issue through monitoring and analyzing the feminist movement’s role and struggle to combat sexual violence and how that was reflected on the policies and legislation within the Region countries that witnesses upraises and revolutions after 2011 (Case study on at least two countries from the region)
1. Master’s Degree in social sciences or a related field. Preferred in public policy or gender.
2. Wide work experience in regards with the research paper topic.
3. Good knowledge on Feminist and Gender issues as well as Feminist Movement in the MENA Region.
4. Well updated by the essential development and changes in regards with the research topic on both political and legislative levels
5. Respecting women’s diverse identities, ethnics, backgrounds and experiences
6. Fluent Arabic language (excellent verbal and written communication skills).
7. Ability to work independently but also being collaborative to reach the work aim and stick to deadlines.
8. Transparency, accountability and commitment to evaluate and communicate the research paper outcomes to meet Nazra’s goal and values.
Once the candidates selected, research papers will be sent by October 2020.
Kindly find MORE INFO on each call in the files below.
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.