This documentary film, which is produced by MIFTAH, tries to shed light on the importance of youth and women participation in decision making positions, particularly within the bodies and entities of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO). The film further supports voicing the demands of youth and women to be represented in the structures of the Palestinian political system. The recommendations issued are as following:
- Equal support for women and youth to help them reach decision-making levels
- Education on Partisanship and Tactics
- Educating women and youth inside political factions and society
- Redeveloping the systems of the PLO in accordance with the basis of democracy and fair political partnership
- Forming a strategy for accessing decision-making positions
- Amending and adopting programs that aim at supporting women and youth in political factions
- Establishing a monitoring and accountability body related to women’s rights
- Adopting and setting the quota to 30% in all organizations and institutions, and enacting it into a law
- Evaluating the quota experience in order to develop it and overcome its weaknesses
This documentary has been made with the support of the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE) within the framework of the project "Strengthening the capacity of equality actors" coordinated by the IEMed and in synergy with the FFEM.
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.