The call for 24 participants to the training on advocacy and policy dialogue for equality forms part of the CSOs WINS project, which aims to strengthen the capacity of the civil society organizations based in the southern Mediterranean, notably outside the capitals and big cities, to participate in the monitoring of policies, concerning gender equality and women’s rights.
For the selection, the Steering Committee took into account criteria like: commitment of the organization to develop advocacy and monitoring of gender equality-related policies and to contribute to exchange information and networking; and commitment of the candidate to an active engagement and participation in all the activities.
During this training that will be take place from the 4th to the 9th April in Barcelona (Spain), the participants will develop their organization skills applied to advocacy at both local and national level and will take part in a dynamic networking with other organizations of the Euro-Mediterranean region.
We congratulate all the winning organizations:
- Association AGIR pour le Développement et l’épanouissement de la Jeunesse, Algeria
- Youth Capacities Development Association Biskra, Algeria
- Association de l’information et de communication en milieu de jeunes de Guelma (INFO-COM Jeunes de Guelma), Algeria
- Association Action et Promotion Sociale et Culturelle Chougrani, Algeria
- Cairo Center for Development and Law, Egypt
- Badr Altawael Association, Egypt
- The National Association for Defense of Rights and Freedoms, Egypt
- Start Initiative for Social Justice and Human Rights, Egypt
- Jordanian Media Association, Jordan
- Mafraq Youth Gathering for Civil Society Development, Jordan
- Women in Front, Lebanon
- Donia for Sustainable Development, Lebanon
- Jurists without Chains, Libya
- Jusoor Center for Studies and Development, Libya
- Association Anaouat pour la Femme et l'Enfant, Morocco
- Tawaza pour le Plaidoyer de la Femme, Morocco
- Democratic League for Women's Rights Beni Mellal, Morocco
- Women Association for Development and Culture, Morocco
- Women Media and Development TAM, Palestine
- Hiwar Center for Youth and Women's Empowerment, Palestine
- Juzoor for Health and Social Development, Palestine
- Association pour la Promotion du Droit à la Différence, Tunisia
- Mouwatinet, Tunisia
- Association Voix de la Femme Jemmel, Tunisia
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.