The audit team for the report "The extent to which the strategic plan of the Ministry of Education is compatible with providing for the needs of poor educational attainment among students of the basic stage in the schools of the Gaza Strip" held a meeting in the Directorate of Education - western Gaza, with the educational supervisor, Mr. Ibrahim Muhammad Abu Al-Omran, with the aim of publishing the results of the report and the submission of recommendations and proposals to decision makers to improve the quality of the educational process and develop the capabilities of underachieving students, in order to reach the required quality of education, the most prominent of which are:
1. Making a comprehensive change in the educational system to suit the prevailing and unstable conditions experienced by our Palestinian people.
2. Preparing a suitable environment for teaching and learning by identifying the needs of students and teachers, studying their reality, and activating the role of partners in the educational process.
3. Attention and care for the teacher (professionally, economically, and socially) as the main element in leading the educational process.
4. Activating the role of school counseling within schools so that there is at least one psychological and social counselor for each school in order to contribute to helping students reduce behavioral problems, while increasing the number of visits by specialists in psychological and social counseling in the Ministry of Education and civil society institutions in order to guide Counselors and activate their role in light of the difficult political and economic conditions when dealing with students.
5. The need to guide parents on how to deal with their children and ways to protect them from the dangers facing them in order to reduce the impact on the psychological and social aspects of their children.
6. Guiding teachers on how to deal with students during crises, by holding training courses for them under the supervision of specialists in psychology and psychological counseling.
7. The need to provide electronic equipment and supplies (audio-visual, computers).
8. Adopting education standards in light of wars and emergencies as a reference for planning education in Palestine. These activities come within the framework of the "Citizen First" project funded by the European Union and implemented by the Association of University Graduates in partnership with the Center for Civil Society Studies (Civitas) and the Arab World Observatory for Democracy and Elections. These activities aim to spread the culture of dialogue and create an interactive environment with decision makers by presenting recommendations and proposals that are applicable on the ground and finding solutions to improve the quality of services provided to citizens in the Gaza Strip.
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.