Within the framework of its strategic plan for the period 2020-2025, relating to the protection and promotion of women’s rights in Algeria, actions and activities have been decided upon and registered by the team of the Djazairouna Association, encompassing a programmatic approach to integrated and inclusive development, taking into account in a transversal manner and as a priority:
1- The gender approach, as set out in the national strategy for the integration and promotion of women 2014-2018, and its multi-sectoral strategic action plan 2022-2025 (PANPIF: National Plan for the Integration of Women),
2- The Beijing Platform for Action,
3- The Millennium Development Goals (MDGs),
4- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) agenda for 2030.
Thus, the aforementioned actions relating to the protection and promotion of the Rights of Women and Girls planned by Djazairouna have given rise to
1) An awareness-raising and information campaign for women/girls on their rights and the mechanisms for enforcing them. Follow-up training for activists and community workers to strengthen their capacities in the fight against violence against women, as well as in the care of victims.
* Documents produced:
** A guide to the national, regional and international legal framework that condemns violence against women;** A survey on the impact of violence against women and its consequences on the family; ** An online survey on mechanisms to protect women against all forms of violence;** An alert and reporting plan on violence against women;** A mapping of the support service for women victims of violence;** A mobile application for reporting violence against women.
2) A media campaign to raise awareness of the consequences of violence against women in the private and public sphere.
* Documents produced: ** An awareness-raising video on domestic violence; ** An awareness-raising video on violence against women/girls;
3) An awareness and information campaign for women/girls who are victims of sexual violence.
4) Comprehensive care for women/girls who are victims of sexual violence in the Wilaya of Blida, through the establishment of :
* Discussion groups run by psychologists; * Individual psychological support sessions; * Focus groups on the existing national legal framework in the fight against sexual violence, as well as services for the care of victims, provided by lawyers; * Individual sessions of legal advice and support;
5) Ongoing activities: * Workshops on the drafting of a :
** A charter of rights for victims of sexual violence; ** An argument for the promulgation of a law in application of the charter; ** A proposal for a draft law to criminalise sexual violence; * A meeting with activists, representatives of feminist associations, jurists, lawyers, forensic doctors, elected representatives and multi-sectoral stakeholders, for the adoption of the draft charter of rights for victims of sexual violence; * Working groups with parliamentarians to implement advocacy on the rights of victims of sexual violence. * Creation of a digital campaign #Never again without my consent; * Media coverage: The above documents will be made public on the occasion of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and the UN’s 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence (25 November - 10 December).
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.