As part of the 8th International Congress of Feminist Research in the Francophonie (CIRFF) held at the Paris Nanterre University, the FFEM organizes a conference titled "Fieldwork: Innovative strategies to influence the political and social agenda in the Mediterranean". Thanks to a participative approach that fosters the link between the academic, associative and institutional worlds, the aim of this conference is to develop strategies in order to obtain data at a local level and use it as a tool at the service of social and political action.
The conference will be divided into 4 sessions over a total duration of 2 days on 27 and 28 of August:
- Session 1: A methodological approach to transform knowledge into action, focus on the Euro-Mediterranean region, August 27 at 2PM.
- Session 2: Women in power in the Mediterranean South: Progress and challenges, August 27 at 3:40PM.
- Session 3: Women’s empowerment in the Mediterranean: A topical issue, August 28 at 9am.
- Session 4: Knowledge and action: Violence against women in the public and rural areas of the southern Mediterranean, August 28 at 10:40AM.
Each session will be moderated by 3 speakers from various countries and professional backgrounds (researchers, activists, politicians) who will report on a practical case, and by one moderator who will make sure that the public also participates. You will find the details of the sessions and interventions in the attached document*.
To attend the conference as an audience you have to register on the CIRFF webpage on the link below. Do not hesitate to check out the complete program of the congress to discover many other fascinating symposia and feminist workshops!
Given that the congress promotes the French language (“Francophonie”), we inform you that all conferences will be held in French without any translation.
* Due to her visa being denied, Ms. Hanan Hakim will be replaced by Ms. Rahma Houzig, President of Tamaynut-France.
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.