Organised by the European Commission since 2006, the European Development Days (EDD) bring several international actors together each year to share ideas and experiences in ways that inspire new partnerships and innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. This year, the theme of women and equality is in the spotlight.
Among the many activities and workshops that are held, we have selected those that deal with themes that may interest members of the Foundation’s Network or with a particularly useful approach for the Euro-Mediterranean region:
- Young Mediterranean Voices: Women, dialogue and digitally-enabled peacebuilding - Leveraging the work of young women peacebuilders - Wednesday June 6, 2018
- Empowerment of Women: the case of the National Commission for Lebanese Women - Exchange of best practices on effective women coordination and networking mechanisms in the MENA region - Wednesday June 6, 2018
- Who defines our identity? Advocating for women leaders in the culture sector - Exploring best practices to empower women through culture and arts and promote an inclusive society in the Neighbourhood South - Tuesday June 5, 2018
- Women Empowerment Through Green Business Development - The SWITCH Programme empowers Women in private sector development to promote sustainable lifestyles and an inclusive green economy - Wednesday June 6, 2018
- Women in tech salon - Connecting women entrepreneurs from Mediterranean countries - Wednesday June 6, 2018
For more information on the event, visit the link below and download the attached file.
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.