This call is launched in the framework of the project MAGIC (Muslim women and communities Against Gender Islamophobia in society), which aims to prevent gendered Islamophobia in Spain and Belgium, particularly in media outlets, and to draw lessons useful for other European countries. The project is funded by the European Commission within the framework of the Rights,Equality and Citizenship (REC) Programme.For more info on the project, visit https://magic.iemed.org/
• WHO? Participation is open to all civil society organisations and/or individuals working in the field of anti-racism, diversity, inclusion, religious beliefs and gender.
• WHAT? 6 Awareness raising campaigns on the issue of gendered Islamophobia and stereotypes against Muslim women. The campaigns can be presented in Spanish, English, French or Dutch.
• WHERE? Campaigns can be online or offline (local/regional/national).
• WHEN? Campaigns will be implemented from October and will last for 3 months.
• HOW? Each campaign will be financed for an amount up to 3.000 EUR (human resourcesfees are not covered).
• INTERESTED? Send an email to email@example.com including the following details:
Those who developed the two best campaigns will be invited to present their campaign in Barcelona and Brussels, in the framework of the project. The event will also be the occasion tomeet European experts (journalists, Muslim women community leaders…) and to benefit from their advice to fine-tune your campaign.
Participate by sending your campaign BY 21ST OCTOBER 2022 !
This platform is part of the Axis 1 "Strengthening the capacities of equality actors" of the Priority Solidarity Fund "Women for the future in the Mediterranean" funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and led by the European Institute of the Mediterranean, in the framework of the project “Developing Women's Empowerment” labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean.